What to buy for Sephora’s VIB Insider Spring Sale
Spring is here which means it’s that time again for beauty lovers to stock up on their favorite products at a discounted rate.
There are two main sales of the year at Sephora us girls like to take advantage because this is pretty much the only time you have access to almost everything going on sale at once at Sephora.
The Spring Sale usually presents itself around mid-April. And right before the holidays, the second-holiday sale of the year appears for Sephora Rouge, Vib, and insider members in November. The latter has a slightly bigger increase in your discount, meaning if you are a Sephora Vib member you will get 15% off in Spring sale and 20% off in Winter/Holiday sale.
The Spring Sephora VIB Sale 2020 Discount breakdown:
Here is how it works
- If you are a Rouge member (meaning you spend $1000+ a year at Sephora) you get 20% off and the sale runs from 4/17-5/1
- For Sephora VIB members (customers spending over $350 per year) you get 15% off from 4/21-4/29
- Beauty Insiders at Sephora (any spend) receive 10% off from 4/23-4/27
Use code SPRINGSAVE for unlimited use.
All recommendations below are cruelty-free
It is also worth noting that I have been shopping at Sephora for over 20 years so I have seen the brands that come and go. I will only recommend products I have tried myself and use frequently. I believe they are worth the hype.
I have added the Littles by Drunk Elephant gift set because it’s a great way to be introduced to the line without a huge financial commitment.
- Drunk Elephant– the darling of clean beauty and social media influencers, I had to try it for myself. MAJOR TIP– use all of these products together at the same time for increased benefits. When I used the serums and moisturizer alongside other products I was not very impressed. When one day I found myself listening to The Skinny Confidential HIM and HER podcast with Tiffany Masterson (Drunk Elephant’s founder and CCO) and she had recommended using the line together without combining other products. Once I did, my face cleared of any unwanted pimples and I was a believer. My favorite product of the bunch is the Protini Polypeptide Cream.
- Charlotte Tilbury– I can’t say enough about her skincare line. It just feels like a luxury brand when you apply it. Favorites include the magic cream, and must-have items include the magic eye rescue (your eyes will glow for hours), and the multi miracle glow cleansing balm which feels like butter on your skin. Recommend for all skin types, especially maturing skin.
- Ole Henrikson Truth Serum– to be honest, I am not the biggest advocate in the world for serums. I have tried so many and most of them just seem ok. I think the most important things in a skincare routine are cleansing, toning, and moisturizing. But there are a few exceptions and this serum is the one that would be at the very top of my list. It leaves the skin feeling refreshed and smooth.
- Kate Somerville Exfoliating Cleanser– this is my go-to when I am washing my face in the shower. I use the Charlotte Tilbury when I am washing my face at the sink. Good for all skin types.
- Josie Maran Pure Argan Oil– save this for last to swipe over your face after completing your skincare routine for maximum hydration. It is a little pricey for oil (you can also use less expensive oils you can get somewhere like Trader Joe’s). But, she was a pioneer in creating a cruelty-free beauty brand so I like to support brands like this at Sephora. Also a big fan of her whipped butter argan oil face moisturizer for night or day.
- Coola Sunless Tan Dry Body Oil and Mist– had to throw this in there because I used this a few months ago before we went to Aruba and I felt TAN! It really works, but the trick to get maximum results is to use at least once a day if not twice.
- Urban Decay is a great brand and a fave I have been using for many many years, without even knowing they were cruelty-free. Favorite products include -their naked eyeshadow palettes, and the one and only black and brown eyeliners I will wear on my waterline. Their “Born this Way” foundation is a great cruelty-free dupe/substitute for the Georgio Armani Silk Luminous Foundation. I wear the shade, Porcelain.
- Kat Von D tattoo eyeliner in Trooper (black)- is my hands-down all-time, favorite can’t live without, holy grail, cat eyeliner period.
- Anastasia is another favorite Sephora brand and a go-to for any and all eyebrow needs as well as a lipstick that will stay on all day without having to re-apply.
- Bite Beauty in Pastille- this is perfect in the middle pinky shade. What is so awesome about it is you don’t need any lip liner or gloss to bring with. It’s an all in one type of lipstick crayon.
- Too Faced Better than Sex Mascara– supposedly they sell this mascara every 7 seconds on average and I can see why. I had a really hard time finding a mascara that I liked when I switched over to cruelty-free beauty some years back and this was my savior.
- Becca Highlighter in Champagne Pop– I have yet to see a highlighter pack as much punch as this one but still be able to look soft and pretty. This is a very popular product and sells out quite a bit. I gave this to my sister as a gift two years ago and she has never stopped purchasing. Definitely a winner.